From museums and historic homes to outdoor activities and sporting events, Kinston-Lenoir County offers something fun for everyone to enjoy.
- Try out the disc golf course at Barnet Park.
- Visit the Cultural Heritage Museum to learn more about the Civil War through educational displays, presentations, tours and programs.
- Canoe or kayak down the Neuse River, which is ideal for fishing, bird watching or just cooling off on hot summer days.
- Grab your clubs and enjoy a round of golf at Falling Creek Country Club or Kinston Country Club.
- Tour Harmony Hall, which is the only historically significant house left in the area; the home was built in 1772 and has been restored multiple times, most recently in 1984.
- Explore the CCS Neuse State Historic Site to discover more information about Richard Caswell, the first governor of North Carolina.
- Make your way through a planetarium, science & health museum and exchange nature center at Neuseway Nature Park.
- Find fresh fruits and vegetables at the Lenoir County Farmer’s Market.
- Enjoy a theatrical performance at the Grainger-Hill Performing Arts Center; this theater is housed in one of the last remaining examples of Greek Classical Revival architecture in the state, and is listed in the National Historic Register.
By: Jessica Walker